Many people in search of rapid weight loss turn to running. It is, after all, one of the most intense exercises and is very efficient in burning calories and helping to reduce waist size. If you are interested in running to lose weight, here are some helpful tips.
1. The first step in any weight loss is eating healthy. To lose one pound, you have to burn 3500 calories through exercise. If you want to lose weight by running, you need to burn more calories than you consume. You can opt for smaller portions meals, eating more grains, and adding more fruits and vegetables. A common mistake when running to lose weight, runners overcompensate with extra calories from more food and beverages. It is common to see runners gain weight regularly regular training. You can prevent this by monitoring your caloric intake and eliminating the foods that are high in calories. We have all heard this before. Weight loss is a combination of exercise and a healthy diet.
2. Challenge yourself. Interval training is one of the best ways to speed up your metabolism. This is where you run very fast for short intervals of time. In running to lose weight, you will see a significant difference with interval training. It burns several calories in a short period of time. It also helps develop muscles. All this improves your resting metabolism. Who does not want to burn more calories?
3. Training schedule. Often times, runners get bored and lose motivation. If you follow a training schedule, you are more inclined to continue running to lose weight. You will figure out what you need to do in order to achieve your weight loss goals. Each run adds to the next run. It's harder to postpone workouts for this reason. It's easier for your body to slowly add to your running routine. If you follow a schedule, you can avoid injury by not adding too much too quickly.
4. Use the right kind of fuel. Proper nutrition is necessary for optimum performance. This continues with the philosophy of running to lose weight. If you run regularly, your body will need certain foods. Following a proper diet is critical for your performance. Your body will not function at its peak if you fill it with greasy foods. In addition, you can not skip meals because your body will not be fueled to train long distance. Your body needs calories before, during, and after intense runs for performance and recovery.
5. Run Consistently. Some people opt not to follow a schedule. Running to lose weight entails more than running once a week. If you are one of these people, you will need to consistent at running. Every day is best, but try to run at least 3-4 times a week. If you are lacking motivation, join a running group or cross train.