Dr. Matthew Mancini, surgeon, talk about the different weight loss or bariatric surgery procedures that are available. Dr. Mancini will answer the following questions in this Medical Moment:
• What is bariatric surgery?
• What are the different types of bariatric surgeries?
• What are the requirements to have bariatric surgery?
• Why would a patient choose one bariatric procedure over another?
• What is important to consider when choosing where to have bariatric surgery?
For more information about bariatric procedures or other weight loss options available at The University of Tennessee Medical Center, visit our website at www.utmedicalcenter.org or call the Healthcare Coordination office at 865-305-6970.